Hey, all people. I am again in your inbox this morning with all crucial issues taking place on the town today. In right this moment’s problem, you will discover these tales and extra…
- Native RAMP-certified faculties
- DEA Tablet Take Again Day on Apr. 22
- Spring Neighborhood Yard Sale occasion on Apr. 15
However first, right this moment’s climate:
Principally cloudy. Excessive: 70 Low: 41.
🏠 When you’re an actual property agent in Douglasville, after all you are wanting for a method to stand out from the gang and entice new shoppers. We might help you try this with an unique sponsorship within the Douglasville Patch publication. Click on right here to be taught extra.
Listed below are the highest 5 tales in Douglasville right this moment:
- Three faculties within the Douglas County College System – Douglas County Excessive College, Lithia Springs Excessive College, and Turner Center College – have been acknowledged by the American College Counselor Affiliation (ASCA) as RAMP-certified faculties. This certification acknowledges the colleges’ dedication to offering complete, data-driven college counseling applications in step with the ASCA Nationwide Mannequin framework. The RAMP designation alerts to the broader group that these faculties are devoted to supporting the district’s mission, and roughly 1,200 faculties have earned this recognition to this point. (Douglasville Patch)
- The Douglasville Police Division is collaborating within the DEA Tablet Take Again Day on Apr. 22 between 10 a.m. and a pair of p.m. to permit residents to dispose of medicines. Drugs can’t be dropped off outdoors of the scheduled occasion occasions, and the occasion will happen on the Douglasville Police Division, positioned at 2083 Fairburn Highway. For extra data on what can be accepted, go to the hyperlink. (Douglasville Police Division by way of Fb)
- The Douglasville Police Division can be internet hosting a Spring Neighborhood Yard Sale on Apr. 15, providing 12-by-12 grass areas for a $25 registration payment. The occasion is scheduled to happen rain or shine on the entrance garden of the police division, and events can contact Sgt. Shannon Dean for an utility or with any questions at (678) 293-1621 or . Areas is not going to be offered on the day of the occasion, and functions should be accomplished and submitted prematurely. (Douglasville Police Division by way of Fb)
- Have you ever seen this boy? Zyarie Kadrett Barnes, a 16-year-old male, was final seen at his residence in Douglas County. He’s described as a light-skinned Black male with brown eyes and black hair, standing at 5 toes and 10 inches and weighing 145 kilos. Anybody with data is urged to contact Inv. Julius Almond at (770) 920-3914 or . (Douglas County Sheriff’s Workplace (Georgia) by way of Fb)
- New properties have been listed on the market within the Douglasville space. Out there properties vary from a 1,458-square-foot, two-bed, two-bath house for $249,900 to a $1.5 million house with six beds, 4 baths, and 4,378 sq. toes. Get all of the property particulars on the hyperlink. (Douglasville Patch)
In the present day in Douglasville:
- Tacos And Tequila Tuesdays At Attract Lounge (5:00 PM)
- American Enterprise Ladies’s Affiliation Douglas County Constitution Chapter Month-to-month Assembly At Assembly Unique, LLC (6:00 PM)
- Palms Underneath The Stars At Portray With A Twist Douglasville (7:00 PM)
From my pocket book:
- The Metropolis of Douglasville is internet hosting a Complete Plan public enter assembly on the Douglasville Convention Heart (on Apr. 12) and on the Hawthorne Neighborhood Heart (on Apr. 15). You possibly can take part in a survey for the plan right here. (City of Douglasville, GA via Twitter)
- The Douglas County Schooling Basis (DCEF) introduced the winners of this yr’s scholarships! Congratulations to the 25 college students who can be honored at a reception on Apr. 12. (Douglas County College System)
- Douglas County is inviting highschool college students in celebrating youth management! The Douglas County Celebration of Youth Management occasion can be held on Apr. 13 at 6 p.m. on the Douglasville Convention Heart. You possibly can scan the QR code on the hyperlink to RSVP. (Douglas County Community Connection via Twitter)
Extra from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
You are formally within the loop for right this moment. See you all tomorrow for an additional replace!
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a author and entrepreneur with a level in English Literature from Weber State College. Through the years, he has labored as a copywriter, editor, web optimization specialist, and advertising director for numerous digital media corporations. He at the moment co-owns and operates content material creation company Lightning Media Companions.